Below are helpful guides for University staff and faculty. They provide a general background on the procedures, requirements, and processes for contracting in the University setting.
If you’re ready to start the contract review and execution process, please see the Templates and Forms Page for a library of approved contract templates and forms for your use.
For information on how to submit your contract to the BCO for review and execution, please see the Procedure for Submitting Business contracts for Review, Approval, and Execution Page.
If you have a specific question and aren’t able to find the answer below, please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 512-471-2866, and we will be happy to help.
Introduction to Contracts at UT Austin
- Contracting at UT Austin - a 10 step guide
- Who Can Sign? Delegation of Authority to Sign Contracts for UT Austin
Contract Formation and Negotiation
- Guide to completing the Business Contract Review Checklist (BCRC)
- How can terms in a UT Austin contract be edited? What must be included?
- What documents and approvals are needed for a contract to be fully executed? Guided Checklist of Contract File Requirements
Contract Management for Department Contract Managers and Contract Administrators
If you’ve agreed to be the Contract Manager for an agreement, please familiarize yourself with the Contract Management Handbook.
The following guide is a helpful tool that provides an overview of your duties and responsibilities during the lifetime of the contract: Contract Manager Monitoring Duties
Last Update: 07/10/2020